National States Insurance Company in Liquidation recognizes the importance of keeping our customer's personal information secure, and it is a top priority for all National States employees, agents and their staff. This Notice, which is required by state and federal law, explains our Privacy Policies.
- We will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, nonpublic, personal information our customers share with us. "Nonpublic, personal information," for example, would include such information as your name, address, social security number, and health information. We will maintain safeguards, physical and electronic, to protect that information. We will conduct our business in a manner that keeps personal customer information secure.
- We will limit the collection and use of customer information to the minimum we require to deliver superior service and to administer our business. We collect personal information about customers from the following sources: a) from customers on insurance applications and related forms; b) from your transactions with us, our affiliates or others; c) from consumer reporting agencies; and d) from your transactions with non-affiliated third parties.
- It is our policy that only authorized National States employees, agents and their staff who need to know your personal information will access and use it. National States workers who violate our Privacy Policies are subject to disciplinary action.
- It is our policy that we will not share personal customer information (either current or former customers) outside National States for any purpose other than the underwriting or administration of a customer's policy or for marketing of additional National States products, unless the disclosure has been authorized by the customer or is permitted or required by law.
- Whenever we retain other organizations to provide support services on behalf of National States, we will require them to protect customers' personal information.
- To keep your customer information up-to-date and accurate, please contact us if your personal information changes.
- When necessary, we will review and revise our Privacy Policies to protect personal customer information.